RT Oculus - шаблон joomla Скрипты
logo
listen live

Five jihadis killed and seven people injured as gunfire erupts in beach resort south of Barcelona hours after 13 died in van attack in Spain

Five jihadis killed and seven people injured as gunfire erupts in beach resort south of Barcelona hours after 13 died in van attack in Spain

The police force for Spain's Catalonia region says its troopers shot and killed four suspects and wounded a fifth in a resort town south of Barcelona to "respond to a terrorist attack." This happened in a shootout 70 miles from Barcelona in an operation linked to yesterday's massacre, which claimed 13 lives and left more than 100 injured after a van mowed down pedestrians.

The confrontation came about eight hours after a van swerved through a pedestrian walkway in a popular destination in downtown Barcelona.

Shocking video footage shows bodies strewn across the ground after armed officers gunned down the terrorists who had explosives strapped around their waists.

Gunshots could be heard and police officers were seen running down a street in Cambrils, to the south of the Catalan city, shortly after midnight.

Seven innocent people - including an officer - were injured and witnesses have said the shootinghappened close to a taxi rank in the coastal town.

Police said they are treating the latest incident as terror.

This latest incident comes just hours after a van ploughed into pedestrians in Barcelona.

Reports say the group had attempted to carry out a similar attack to that on Las Ramblas by driving a van at pedestrians but their vehicle overturned and they were shot by officers.

Police this morning confirmed they had 'shot the perpetrators' and urged locals to 'avoid going out' and to 'stay home'.

The regional police said on Twitter early Friday that troopers fired on the five suspects in Cambrils, a seaside town about 100 kilometers (62 miles) from Barcelona.

The regional police said in another tweet that they are investigating whether the Cambrils suspects were wearing explosive vests. Its officers planned to carry out several controlled explosions.

The force says it is working on the theory that the Cambrils suspects were linked to the Barcelona attack, as well as to a Wednesday night explosion in the town of Alcanar in which one person was killed.

Update: The fifth has been confirmed dead by thr Police.

Share this article:

Continue reading
59 Hits
0 Comments

Hackers are demanding $6.5 million in Bitcoin after ‘Game Of Thrones’ and ‘Westworld’ leaks

Hackers are demanding $6.5 million in Bitcoin after ‘Game Of Thrones’ and ‘Westworld’ leaks

Home Box Office (HBO), the American premium cable and satellite television network, which is owned by Time Warner recently lost control of their social media account to hackers.

HBO was first hit by the 'major cyber attack' last month, in which hackers threatened to leak a massive 1.5 terabytes of stolen content. So far, personal details of the 'Game Of Thrones' cast members have been shared, as well as the upcoming season 7 episode 6. The 'fourth wave' hack occurred earlier this month.

On Wednesday, an organization that identifies itself as 'OurMine' took control of the cable giant's social media accounts. As well as the Facebook and Twitter account for HBO itself, they also seized control of the social channels 'Game Of Thrones' and 'Westworld'.

'OurMine are here. We are just testing your security,' one post read. Another message tried to get the hashtag '#HBOleak' trending.

But however, HBO appeared to have since taken back control of the accounts and deleted the posts.

Among the content stolen in latest hack was the shooting schedules for 'Game Of Thrones' and the upcoming season 2 of 'Westworld' – which may give away potential plot details.

According to Mashable reports, it has been claimed that the OurMine hackers are demanding around $6.5 million in Bitcoin from HBO in exchange for not leaking additional files.

In a statement by HBO, they said: "There is an ongoing investigation we will have no comment beyond the statements that are already out there."

Share this article:

Continue reading
136 Hits
0 Comments

Efe makes acting Debut

Efe makes acting Debut

has landed his first movie role since after Big Brother Naija!

The winner of the 2017 edition of the show made his debut in a movie titled 'Wawu' which also features comedienne, Helen Paul and actor, Mr Ibu.

Share this article:

Continue reading
46 Hits
0 Comments

Case Closed! Two months after he was arrested, Dammy Krane's grand theft auto and forgery case has been dismissed

Case Closed! Two months after he was arrested, Dammy Krane's grand theft auto and forgery case has been dismissed

Nigerian singer, Dammy Krane is a happy and free man once again and he has been vindicated of the crimes he was arrested for back in June 2017.

According to the Miami-Dade County Criminal Justice Online System, he appeared for trial at 9:15am today at the Justice Building, Room 4-3 with Courtney Erik as his defense attorney and Migiel De La O as the judge and after the hearing, he was dischared and the case was officially closed.

Dammy Krane was arrested and booked on June 2, 2017 for theft, credit card and identity fraud in Miami. He was released a few days after he pleaded not guilty to the charges and met his bail condition that was set at $7,500.

Share this article:

Continue reading
50 Hits
0 Comments

Fifteen teens treated for rabies after gang raping a donkey in Morocco

Fifteen teens treated for rabies after gang raping a donkey in Morocco

Fifteen teenagers in a rural Moroccan town were treated for rabies after raping an infected local donkey.

The youths, from Sidi Al Kamel, spent a week at the Mechraa Belksiri Hospital receiving treatments after they contracted the disease from the animal. The number of boys who raped the donkey were more than 15, but many families secretly took their sons for treatment at hospitals outside the immediate area to avoid shame. Only 15 of the boys were taken to the local hospital.

The shocking incident left the families of the youngsters "in distress and horror." Local authorities are trying to find anyone else who has "approached" or "admired" the animal closely to limit further spread of the disease.

The innocent donkey has now been killed on the orders of police to avoid further risk of spreading the disease.

Share this article:

Continue reading
60 Hits
0 Comments

Why we suspended Abuja Sit-Out of #ResumeOrResign

Why we suspended Abuja Sit-Out of #ResumeOrResign

1. Following the spate of violent attacks by officers of the Nigerian Police Force and then by paid hoodlums on our #ResumeOrResign daily sit-outs and peaceful processions in various parts of Abuja, it has become necessary to announce a suspension of our daily activities in the city.

2. This temporary suspension is to enable us restrategize on ways to make our processions less open to such violent attacks and to better ensure the safety of all our members and other participants at our sit-outs and peaceful processions in future.

3. This is also to make known our good intention and unreserved commitment to promote peace and unity in our beloved country. We believe this decision will help in dousing the unnecessary ethnic tension being stoked by the cabal holding Nigeria to a ransom.
4. Whereas our daily sit-out will be suspended temporarily in Abuja, Sit-Out will continue to hold at the Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota, Lagos, between 0900hrs – 1000hrs daily; New York (Front of the Nigerian consulate, 828 Second Avenue); and vigil will also be held in front of the Abuja House in London on Friday August 18th, 2017 by 1700hrs.
5. Members of the general public and members of the media are also invited to any of these events to provide support in whatever capacity they may deem fit.
6. Finally, we hereby demand that President Buhari returns to the country and resume duty as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria within 21 days from today, or that he resigns completely from office to enable him return to Daura to take care of his ill health.
7. Should the president be unable to comply with any of the aforementioned demands within 21 days, we will approach a court seeking an order of mandamus to compel the Federal Executive Council to set up a committee in line with section 144 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended), to appraise the health of President Buhari and subsequently determine whether or not he can continue to discharge his presidential functions as enshrined in the constitution.

God bless Nigeria.

SIGNED:

Charles Oputa (Co-convener #ResumeOrResign Movement)
FOR: Our Mumu Don Do Movement.


Deji Adeyanju
(Co-Convener, #ResumeOrResign)
FOR: Concerned Nigerians

Share this article:

Continue reading
53 Hits
0 Comments

Odunlade Adekola is not the father of my child- actress Bukola Adeeyo cries out

Odunlade Adekola is not the father of my child- actress Bukola Adeeyo cries out

Bukola who welcomed her daughter a few weeks ago, has come out to shut down rumors that married actor, Odunlade Adekola, is the father of her baby. She released a statement on her IG page. Read it below

Share this article:

Continue reading
60 Hits
0 Comments

Buffon, Messi, Ronaldo nominated for UEFA’s male player of the year

Buffon, Messi, Ronaldo nominated for UEFA’s male player of the year

Italy and Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has been named as one of three nominees for the 2016/17 UEFA Men's Player of the Year Award alongside Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, European football's governing body (UEFA) announced on Tuesday.

The 39-year-old goalkeeper was a key member of the impressive Juventus side that reached last season's UEFA Champions League final in Cardiff but missed out on a first winner's medal as the Italians were defeated 4-1 by Real Madrid.
The award will be presented at the 2017/18 UEFA Champions League group stage draw in Monaco on Thursday 24 August.

The shortlist was decided by the 80 coaches of the clubs that played in the Champions League and Europa League group stages, as well as 55 journalists.
Messi and Ronaldo have won the award on two occasions respectively while Spain midfielder Andres Iniesta won the honour in 2012, followed by French winger Franck Ribery a year later.
Luis Suarez who scored 37 goals in all competition last season and new world record signing Neymar missed out of the list this year.

The players who make up the rest of the top 10 are:

4: Luka Modric (Croatia, Real Madrid)

5: Toni Kroos (Germany, Real Madrid)

6: Paulo Dybala (Argentina, Juventus)

7: Sergio Ramos (Spain, Real Madrid)

8: Kylian Mbappe (France, Monaco)

9: Robert Lewandowski (Poland, Bayern Munich)

10: Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Sweden, Manchester United)

Pernille Harder (Denmark, Linkoping and Wolfsburg), Dzsenifer Marozsán (Germany, Lyon) and Lieke Martens (Netherlands, Rosengard and Barcelona) are the three nominees for the women's award.

Share this article:

Continue reading
55 Hits
0 Comments

Usain Bolt blows smoke in his fiancee's mouth and kisses her as they party in London

Usain Bolt blows smoke in his fiancee's mouth and kisses her as they party in London

Newly retired Usain Bolt spent Tuesday night balling with his fiancee, 26-year-old Kasi Bennet, at a club in London.

The night out saw Bolt kiss a blonde fan, splash £500 on a single tip and blow smoke in Kasi's mouth after his last ever sprint race. He retired over the weekend and has since been going wild at night clubs.

Kasi seemed unconcerned by the attention Bolt was getting from female revellers and even laughed it off when they arrived the venue. Though lots of women had their eyes on the Jamaican athlete, he only had eyes for Kasi.

Bolt shared a clip of him blowing cape smoke into Kasi's mouth before kissing her inside the club. 

Share this article:

Continue reading
51 Hits
0 Comments

Elderly couple kill themselves because dying together was their deepest wish

Elderly couple kill themselves because dying together was their deepest wish

An elderly Dutch couple kissed goodbye and died holding each other's hands in a rare double euthanasia.

Nic and Trees Elderhorst, both 91, said it was their final wish to pass away together after 65 years of marriage.

According to reports, the couple both felt they could no longer live their lives due to ill health and didn't want to go on alone if one of them died.

The pair married in 1952 and lived together in their home down of Didam, near Arnhem, ever since.

Nic had suffered a stroke five years ago and needed to take a gruelling course of antibiotics every day to keep himself alive.

Trees had cared for her husband in recent years while seeing her own health slowly decline.

The couple had previously filed for euthanasia and, after Trees was diagnosed with dementia earlier this year, doctors felt the conditions for them to end their own lives had been met.

The couple shared one last kiss before passing away together hand-in-hand on June 4.

"It soon became clear that it could not wait much longer," the couple's daughter told The Gelderlander [translated]."The geriatrician determined that our mother was still mentally competent. However, if our father were to die, she could become completely disoriented, ending up in a nursing home."Something which she desperately did not want. Dying together was their deepest wish."

Another daughter added:

"They gave each other a big kiss and passed away confidently holding hands. According to their own wish."

The Netherlands became the first country to legalise euthanasia in 2002, and since then more than 5,500 people have ended their lives this way. However it is rare for a couple to be euthanised together.

Share this article:

Continue reading
36 Hits
0 Comments

Weather Update

Mostly cloudy

27°C

Lagos

Mostly cloudy
Humidity: 79%
Wind: WSW at 35.40 km/h
Friday
Scattered thunderstorms
25°C / 26°C
Saturday
Scattered thunderstorms
25°C / 26°C
Sunday
Scattered thunderstorms
25°C / 26°C

Opinion Poll

Which of these Nigerian Artist Will Be The Biggest Internationally By 2017

  • Advert1
  • Advert2